Dr. LEO® BABY D3 + K1 is food for special medical purposes recommended by the European pediatricians for premature born babies, infants and breastfed babies.
Dr. LEO® BABY D3 + K1 is intended for dietary regulation of rickets and late hemorrhagic disease in newborns.
Dr.Leo® BABY D3 + K1 contains “twist-off” or “turn to open” capsules, for comfortable, easy and precise dosing.
Vitamin D3 and vitamin K1 have particularly important role for the healthy development of infants and babies:
- Vitamin D contributes to the normal growth and development of bones and teeth.
- Vitamin D contributes to the normal function of the immune system.
- Vitamin D contributes to the normal absorption and use of calcium.
- Vitamin K contributes to maintaining healthy bones and normal blood clotting.
Optimal daily dose in one capsule:
The recommended daily dose for vitamin D3 is 10 μg (400 IU) for breastfed babies. If the baby is on a combined diet (breastfeeding and adapted milk) or is exclusively on adapted milk then the doctor can adjust the daily dose of vitamin D3. Vitamin D3 supplementation is recommended during the first year after birth, as well as from the first year to the end of puberty and especially during the colder months (October to March)*. Breast milk does not contain sufficient amounts of vitamin K1, therefore all babies receive vitamin K1 immediately after birth. Beside this one-off dose, it is recommended supplementation of vitamin K1 of 25μg daily, starting from the second week to the end of the third month of birth.
By the advice of the professionals, breastfed babies should receive 10μg (400IU) vitamin D3 and 25μg vitamin K1, starting from the second week until the end of the third month of birth.
* The use of sun protection factors limits the synthesis of vitamin D in the skin to up to 99%.
Dr.Leo® BABY D3 + K1 is manufactured according to the highest quality standards.